In-Class: 10 days
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Business analysis terminology and understanding of techniques and tasks
- Describe the role of the business analyst
- Improve business analysis performance through brainstorming
- Engage stakeholders
- Confirm stakeholder needs
- Explore process analysis and modeling
- Clarify business operations through business rules analysis
- Manage business terms and data elements
- Create basic data flow diagrams
- Conduct interviews to elicit quality requirements
- Outline user interactions via basic use cases and scenarios
- Understand solution components
- Leverage User Stories and other agile techniques with an agile mindset
- Apply the hints & tips to prepare and successfully pass the ECBA Exam
- Give you hands-on learning in a classroom setting and get help you Job ready Day 1 for Business Analysis.
Distinguish yourself among Business Analysis practitioners!
The ECBA™+ certification is intended for entry-level Business Analysis professionals. This hands-on interactive course is designed to prepare you for the Level 1 Certificate in the IIBA Core Certification Program – ECBA™ certification exam, which tests the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals needed for entry into the business analysis field.
In addition to the core ECBA™ curriculum, this course covers the practical ECBA™+ component, which will raise your level of proficiency from knowledge to application of essential business analysis skills.
To obtain the ECBA™+ credential, you need to:
- Successfully complete this ECBA™+ certification training and acquire 21 PD Hours required by IIBA. Participants who demonstrate satisfactory level of skills will be recommended to get IIBA ECBA+ Certificate
- Pass the ECBA™ online exam administered by the IIBA.
- Upon successfully passing the ECBA™ online certification exam, you will receive both the ECBA™ and ECBA™+ certifications and digital badge from IIBA.
This course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis).
There are lots of applicants with degrees and certifications, but there is often a shortage of candidates with entry-level experience. That’s where ECBA+ can help you get job-ready.
Start your Business Analysis career with confidence.
With an ECBA+ certificate and digital badge, you’ll stand out to employers:
Better understanding of Business Analysis techniques: Through hands-on scenario-based learning, you’ll develop entry-level competencies
Meeting customer needs: With the ECBA certificate and ECBA+ digital badge, you’ll be able to contribute to your role on day one
Enhanced career benefits: Having an ECBA+ digital badge will enhance your employability
Stepping Stone: Your ECBA+ is a stepping stone on your pathway to a lifetime of learning
Before taking this course, students should fulfill the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) requirements of gaining the ECBA Certification.
We recommend that you plan to take the ECBA certification exam within 2-3 months maximum of taking this course.
Entry-level business analysis professionals, students wishing to enter the business analysis profession (from Colleges, Universities etc.).
Professionals wanting to move into Business Analysis Role, who have had little to no training in Business Analysis
Anyone who is seeking career in Business Analysis or desires to have a better understanding of Business Analysis and the role of a Business Analyst.
To assimilate the vast amount of information needed to pass the ECBA™ exam, there is a mixture of lecture, discussion, and exercises in the course. You will also learn methods of recall and retention to help retain critical information needed to pass the ECBA™ exam.
PDF (virtual) or hard-copy (in-person) of the BABOK® Study Tables, an overview of the BABOK® Guide in a comprehensive, detailed, and highly visual package.
90-day subscription to our ECBA™ Online Study Exam simulator from Watermark Learning with over 500 questions.
A PDF of the IIBA’s BABOK® Guide.
IIBA will award your ECBA+ digital badge based on BrakaSoft instructor’s assessment of your case study and successful completion of the ECBA+ Practicum.
IIBA will issue the digital badge you’ve earned to your name, and you will be sent an email from IIBA via Credly, containing your new digital badge and recognizing your achievement of the ECBA+ certificate.
You will then be able to view and showcase your latest achievement.
- ECBA™+ Certification Content
- Business Rules Analysis
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Document Analysis
- Glossary and Data Dictionary
- Process Analysis & Modelling (SIPOC, Activity Diagram)
- Reviews (Lessons Learned, Requirements Approval)
- Stakeholder Analysis (Lists, Maps, Personas)
- Use Cases & Scenarios
- User Stories